I recently built a recording studio at my house in upstate, NY.
Actually, it was an old tool shed/barn type space that I converted into a studio. I named it Bone Hollow after our street name, and It’s such a great place to work. I have recorded for quite a number of projects here so far including Pfarmers, Day Of The Dead, Lisa Hannigan, Frightened Rabbit, Nelson Patton, as well as my own solo projects.
Contact me directly for any remote recording requests, scoring, arranging, etc… Or if you’d like to book the studio for your own project:
d n e l s o n 3 0 0 0 [at] g m a i l [dot] c o m
• 350 square feet, single room studio with vaulted ceiling up to 9.5 ft for a spacious feel and sound.
• Very quiet room in an already quiet rural area
• Extra iso-booth for vocals or amp
• Hand-made (by me) desk with gear racks
• Converter – Mytek 8×192 boutique mastering quality AD/DA conversion
• Preamps – Great River MP-500NV (2), CAPI vp26 (2), UA 6176 tube channel strip
• Microphones – Gefell M300 stereo pair, Beyerdynamic M160, AEA R84, Advanced Audio CM47, Rode NT1a (2), Sure SM57s and 58s
• Effects – Sony DPS-R7 Reverb Unit, UA 1176 compressor, FMR RNC & RNLA compressors
• Guitars – Fender Strat electric, Martin Dreadnought acoustic, Ibanez el./ac. jazz guitar, banjo
• Bass – Fender Jazz bass
• Keyboards – Fender Rhodes
• Synths – Moog Minitaur, Korg MS2000
• Drums – Premier 5 piece kit, assortment of world drums and percussion
• Amps – Fender Deluxe Reverb ’65 Reissue, 1973 Fender Vibro Champ
Here are some photos of the building process
My Depression (The Up and Down and Up of It)
An animated adaptation of Elizabeth Swados’ award-winning book, My Depression, A Picture Book, with the voices of Sigourney Weaver (as the main character), Steve Buscemi, and Fred Armisen.
** Scheduled to air on HBO Spring of 2015 **
Director: David Wachtenheim, Robert Marianetti, Elizabeth Swados
Screenwriter: Elizabeth Swados, Robert Marrianetti, David Wachtenheim
Producer: Roz Lichter, Josh Hetzler
Editor: Robert Marianetti, David Wachtenheim
Cinematographer: Robert Marianetti, David Wachtenheim
Executive Producer: Sheila Nevins
Composer: David Nelson, Elizabeth Swados
Cast: Sigourney Weaver, Steve Buscemi, Fred Armisen, Dan Fogler
Vocals: Rachel Stern